BURSAR – Full time position
The Melbourne Rudolf Steiner School, established in 1972, is a kindergarten to year 12 co-educational, non-denominational school located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
The school is seeking a suitably qualified and dedicated person to undertake the role of Bursar.
Reporting to the College of Teachers, the Bursar will be responsible, as a collegiate member of the finance group, for the financial and business operations of the school and support the school mission and ethos.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Management
- Payroll and Personnel
- School Fee Collection
- General Ledger and Financial Reporting
- Government Compliance and Reporting
- Accounts Payable
- Budgeting and Reporting
- Property Services
- Other Administration
- Tertiary level qualifications in Accounting or a related financial or business discipline
- Membership of CPA Australia or Chartered Accountants Australia
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Previous experience in a school environment or similar role
- Willingness to work within an Anthroposophical framework
- HR experience preferable
Subject to a successful review at 12 months this would be an ongoing appointment. Salary would be commensurate with experience and qualifications. For the Bursar position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have a sound understanding of, and commitment to, current Child Safety Standards and only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Please send applications in writing or via email, including your curriculum vitae and the names and contact details of two professional referees before 5.00pm, Wednesday 4th August, 2021 to:
Melbourne Rudolf Steiner School,
213 Wonga Road, Warranwood, Vic 3134
Or Email: email@example.com